The International Photo Competition “Peace Is…” will be held from April 6 until July 31, 2012. The contest is open and free of entry fees for all individuals, including minors.
Prizes: The best 20 photos at the category “General” and the 10 best photos at the category “Students” will be exhibited in the photography exhibition to cities in Greece and abroad
Contest Details: show a photo that represents what is not Peace, next to a photo that represents Peace on the same subject. Examples can be through all fields of human activity: society, human relations, work, education, culture, environment, public health, spirituality, activism, community, politics etc. It is not asked to promote the contradictions of the present social conditions, rather the promotion of positive examples instead of the present “non Peace” conditions, a positive “exit” from a negative “mainstream”.
Photos can be colored, monochromes or creative (manipulated). We expect to see “pairs” with any technique or format the photographer wants. The photographers can participate by uploading up to 4 “pairs”.
The procedure is the follow:
– choose the photos that you want to upload (1 “negative” + 1 “positive” photo).
– fill the online form and upload those 2 photos that consist my “pair”. I can upload up to 4 “pairs” in the same form of participation (entry).
The photographs must have the following characteristics:
– Not more than 500kb in size
– Maximum side to be greater than 500 pixels and less than 900 Pixels
– The original files should be available in high resolution (300 dpi) format. JPG or TIFF, of size 35×50 cm.
– Excluded from the contest photos taken with mobile phones.
Copyright: The usage rights are given to the International NGO World Without Wars and Violence for 5 years. For these years photos can and will be used in printing, exhibitions, publishing, leaflets, internet (websites, blogs, social media), reproduced digitally. Not manipulated and always with the name of the photographer on. After this period, photos will be used only to promote the competition and promoting the past contests.
Deadline: July 31, 2012