The 27th annual National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest opens April 7, 2015. Harness the power of photography and share your stunning travel experiences from around the globe. Gather your best travel photos and join the competition. Official categories include: Travel Portraits; Outdoor Scenes; Sense of Place; and Spontaneous Moments. Visit weekly to see photo galleries of the top entries.
Eligibility: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
Entry Fee: US$15 per entry
- 1ST PRIZE: An eight-day National Geographic Photo Expedition: Costa Rica and the Panama Canal with airfare for two
- 2ND PRIZE: A six-day National Geographic Photo Expedition: Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone for two
- 3RD PRIZE: A six-day cruise from Schooner American Eagle and Heritage for two
- A $200 gift certificate to B&H Photo
- National Geographic Masters of Photography course on DVD
Image requirements: Max. file size: 20 MB; width and height: 1600 pixels – 5000 pixels; jpg format. Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Watermarks are not acceptable.
Copyright: All entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Deadline: 30 June 2015