The Humanity Photo Awards (HPA) is a biennial photography contest focusing on folklore cultures, including portrait & costume, architecture, living custom, production & commerce, festivities and traditional rites. It was founded in 1998 by China Folklore Photographic Association and was blessed with UNESCO’s support since its 2nd session in 2000. HPA aims to encourage photographers, both amateur and professional, all over the world to document folklore cultures in an extensive and profound way. It is committed to the promotion of recording, spreading, exchanging and sharing of diverse cultures with images. During the past 18 years, photographers from 162 countries have participated in HPA and HPA has accumulated images about folklore phenomena of 178 countries and regions in the world.
What makes the HPA 2017 remarkable and significant?
1. HPA 2017 is a photo contest that devotes itself to documenting, sharing and celebrating the diversity of cultures in the world;
2. HPA 2017 is an international photo contest that is free to enter and open to all photographers who love to capture the vibrancy of cultures and peoples through the power of imagery;
3. HPA 2017 only accepts photo stories/portfolios (8-14 pictures allowed for each photo set);
4. HPA 2017 provides transport allowance for more than 66 prize-winning photographers so that they can attend the Award Ceremony in China and make friends with photographers around the world;
5. Photographers from Arab States, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean who have received Nomination Awards in HPA 2017 will have an opportunity to receive transportation allowance. It demonstrates an effort made by HPA 2017 to encourage photographers from those parts of the world to document cultures of their homelands.
Five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria: Grand Awards, Documentary Awards, Jury’s Special Awards, Nomination Awards and Performance Awards. All prize-winning photographers will be invited to attend the award ceremony and related events that last for 3 to 6 days. 6 Grand Awards winners will receive US$2,000 of cash prize and transport allowance.
1) Entry period: September 16, 2016 — April 15, 2017
2) Submit entries only via: http://www.hpa.org.cn
3) Rules on entries: each entrant can submit 3 sets of photos at most; each set should consist of 8-14 photos.
● Tel: 86 10 62252175
● Twitter: @cfpa1993
● Email: email@example.com
Contest Themes: Photojournalism
Eligibility: Open to Worldwide
Open to Worldwide
Copyright: All right retained by the photographer. The Organizers also reserve the right to do any necessary editing of the entries.
Usage Right: the organizers of HPA 2017 reserve the right to use your entries in related non-commercial activities for free, including publications, exhibitions, catalogues and public screenings, etc.
Contest Ends On 04/15/2017
Contest Website: www.hpa.org.cn