Research is showing that spring is arriving earlier in the UK, so this month we want to see your best photos of the first signs of spring.
Each week, we will choose an image to feature as our #photooftheweek, and each month the BBC Wildlife team’s favourite images are featured in the Feedback pages of the current issue. The photos with the most votes may even be showcased in our e-newsletter.
The overall winning image will be chosen by the BBC Wildlife team and will feature as the main image of the online photo contest gallery after the contest has closed.
Please do only submit images of wildlife that are appropriate to this month’s theme.
The BBC Wildlife team’s choice is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
The final date for submissions is 23.59pm BST on 31 March 2017.
The final date for voting is 30 April 2017.
Don’t forget that although you can’t vote in the month you upload your images, you can still vote for another month’s images and encourage your friends to vote. All votes submitted by the final deadline will be counted.
BBC Photo Contest Rule March 2017
- Competition open to all photographers aged 18 or over, other than employees of BBC group companies.
- Maximum 20 entries per person per contest.
- Each image can only be entered once. Duplicates will be removed.
- The image must have been created in the past three years and be your original work.
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all image entered.
- Source material or proof of permission to use must be made available on request by BBC Wildlife.
- BBC Wildlife does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
- All images should show wildlife – in its habitat in the wild or in a captive establishment – or wild landscapes and plants, except where the theme of the photo contest is stated as otherwise. So please keep your pets and domestic farm animals for the appropriate contest/month.